Thursday 18 October 2012

Will you be my maid?


I have this beautiful friend, we have been known each other since we were in kindergarten at school - we weren't friend though until we were in year 3, she didn't like be before then. She had a birthday party and invited EVERYONE except me then all of a sudden we were joined at the hip. Because we were inseparable my parents unofficially adopted her as their second daughter and she has been a very important part of my life ever since!

After I got engaged I already knew that she would be my maid of honour (MOH), I couldn't imagine anyone else standing by my side and holding my hand, stopping my make up from running when I cry, helping me pick my dress and dance the night away, stop me from being a bridezilla (well as much as possible) and hold my dress while I pee ;) I then had the hard choice of choosing a bridesmaid.... There were the obvious choices but that close friend lived to far away - as in another country, there were other choices of close friends I have around me but I just couldn't decide so it dawned on me - Ill just have one! After I decided I checked that the soon to be hubby would be fine with just having 1 groomsman and he was totally fine with it. So there we had it, I was going to ask her.... But how!?

I didn't want to just call her and ask (she lives about 3 hrs away) I wanted something special, for those who might not know me that well I like to create memories, like to do things 100% - not by half's at all! So I went to my trusty friend Pinterest and got to searching and pinning. I found this amazing idea of making a bridesmaid box with all of the details that she might need to know about our plans. Have a look at what I created!


I purchased a box, painted it and made a monogram


Painted a little sign, filled it with little goodies: Pics of dresses I'd like her in, paint chips of colours that I think could work for her dress to match our theme, A heart shaped charm that she can wear and look at and remember the moment by and finally details details details.... 







Then this is what happened when I gave her the box at our engagement party.... there were tears!




It was beautiful and something I hope we will both remember for a very long time!

So as the days go on and get closer to our big day I am relying on her more and more and she is being a fantastic MOH, I just hope she continues to put up with me in not only the coming months leading up to the wedding but in the coming years where both of our lives will continue to grow and change. She means the world to me and I couldn't imagine my life without her!!!



If you want to follow me on Pinterest click on the link below and you can see some of my inspiration and plans for our wedding:


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment